Mary Naeem غير متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,256,893

Saul heard what David was saying and sent for him

Saul heard what David was saying and sent for him. David told Saul, "Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him" (1 Samuel 17:32). Saul was incredulous; David was not a trained soldier. David provided his credentials as a shepherd, being careful to give the glory to God. David had killed lions and bears that went after his sheep, and he claimed the Philistine would die like them because he had "defied the armies of the living God. The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine" (1 Samuel 17:36–37). Saul acquiesced, provided that David wear Saul's armor into the fight. But David was not used to the armor and left it behind. David took with him only his staff, five smooth stones, his shepherd's bag, and a sling. Goliath was not intimidated by David, but neither was David intimidated by the giant. "David said to the Philistine, 'You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands" (1 Samuel 17:45–46). David's trust in God and his zeal for God's glory are remarkable. David did kill Goliath. He also entered into Saul's service full-time, no longer tending his father's sheep.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
Saul’s final years were profoundly
The name “Saul,” from the Hebrew word
Saul’s jealousy of David turned murderous
Saul's pleasure in David vanished quickly as David
King Saul

الساعة الآن 07:23 AM