الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,256,893

“Through my coming to you again”

“Through my coming to you again”
Elder Porphyrios left Attica for Mt. Athos with the hidden intention of never returning here again. He had spoken to enough of his spiritual children in such a way that they knew they were seeing him for the last time. To others he just hinted. It was only after his death that they realized what he meant. Naturally, to those who would not be able to stand the news of his departure, he told them that he would be coming back. He said so many things about his death, either clearly or in a cryptic way, so much so, that only the certainty of those around him that he would survive like all the other times (a hope born of desire), can possibly explain the suddenness of the announcement of his death.
Maybe he himself hesitated like St. Paul the Apostle, who wrote to the Phillipians, “For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to part and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless, to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.” (Phil.1:23-24) Maybe…
His spiritual children in Athens were constantly calling upon him and he was twice forced to return to the Convent against his will. Here, he gave consolation to all those who needed it. On each occasion he stayed only for a few days, “that our rejoicing for him would be more abundant in Jesus Christ by his coming to us.” (Paraphrasing the words of the Apostle, Phil. 1:26.) He would then hurry back to Mt. Athos as quickly as possible. He ardently desired to die there and to be quietly buried in the midst of prayer and repentance.
Towards the end of his physical life he became uneasy over the possibility of his spiritual children’s love affecting his wish to die alone. He was used to being obedient and submitting to others. Therefore he told one of his monks. “If I tell you to take me back to Athens, prevent me, it will be from temptation.” Indeed, many friends of his had made different plans to bring him back to Athens, since winter was approaching and his health was getting worse
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
I am coming soon
The Coming of Christ
Very soon jesus is coming
HOLD ON I,m COMING
God has something big coming your way

الساعة الآن 12:49 PM