الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,257,123

The demons were afraid of the Lord Jesus Christ

Pope Shenouda III

The demons were afraid of the Lord Jesus Christ and cried out on seeing Him for fear of being destroyed or tormented. For example:

(a) The man at the synagogue of Capernaum who was possessed with an evil spirit. The spirit cried out, saying: "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are the Holy One of God' (Mk. 1:22-24); (Mk. 3:1 1).

(b) The man who was called Legion because he had many demons, who was tied up with chains and chackles because of his violence. When he saw the Lord, he fell down before Him and cried out with a loud voice, saying: "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!" (Lk. 8:28)

(c) The two outrageous mad men who came out of the tombs in the country of Gergesenes so fierce that no one could pass that way. When they saw the Lord, they cried out, saying: "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" (Matt. 8:29) And the Lord permitted the demons to leave the two men and go into a herd of swine.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
The angels used the title 'Lord' in referring to the Lord Jesus Christ
The Lord Jesus Christ was called Lord of lords
In the same way, the Lord Jesus Christ
It is said of the Lord Jesus Christ that
Lord Jesus Christ did are only those

الساعة الآن 09:31 PM