الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,265,051

Resurrection in the book of the Psalms

Resurrection in the book of the Psalms:
Especially the book of the Psalms includes many of the prophetic signs to Christ's Resurrection; here are some of those verses:
† "I lay down and slept (slept as a symbol to death and burial); I awoke (resurrection), for the LORD sustained me (by the power of His divinity)." (Ps. 3: 5).
† "Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone (the devils); You have broken the teeth of the ungodly (as a symbol to His victory over Satan's kingdom and all his soldiers)." (Ps. 3: 7).
† "But God (the Father) will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol (hell), for He shall receive me." (Ps. 49: 15).
† "For You have delivered my soul from death (by resurrection)." (Ps. 56: 13).
† "For you have delivered my soul from death." (Ps. 116: 8).
† "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy (the needy fallen humankind), now I will arise, says the Lord; I will set them in salvation, and I will be revealed in it." (Ps. 12: 5).
Saint Cyril of Jerusalem comments on the resurrection prophecies throughout the Psalms saying: Let's go through the fifteenth psalm that says clearly: "PRESERVE me, O God, for in You I put my trust.", then he says: "Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer, nor take up their names on my lips." For they refused me saying: "We have no king but Caesar!" (Jn. 19: 15)… He also says: "Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption", he did not say: "Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see death", unless the meaning that He did not die, but he said: "nor to see corruption", meaning that he would not remain in the tomb till corrupted, then he says: "You have made known to me the ways of life;", this is a clear sign to His live resurrection after death, and Saint Cyril of Jerusalem proceeds to explain the thirtieth psalm "I WILL exalt You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my enemies rejoice over me." Answering clearly "O LORD, You have brought my soul up from Hades;" for in the previous psalm, he predicts saying: "For You will not leave my soul in Hades," as for here, He is talking about actually achieving this prophecy, so he says: "O LORD, You have brought my soul up from Hades; You have delivered me from the hands of those who will go down to the pit." and when was this? "Weeping shall be for the evening, but joy comes in the morning." For the disciples were sad in the evening and rejoiced in the morning through Resurrection.

رد مع اقتباس

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
The Holy Bible is the book of books or it is ‘The Book
How did the Lord’s Resurrection become our Resurrection
Resurrection in the book of the Song of Songs
Psalms 47:1
When I said ... PSALMS 94 : 18

الساعة الآن 01:23 AM