الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,261,497

Does your heart cling to God while fasting

Pope Shenouda III

Does your heart cling to God while fasting?
Do you give Him your heart as you do with your will? Do you feel His love while you are fasting? Does this love clearly show in your prayers and contemplation while fasting? Have you ever forgotten about your food and drink, for the sake of His love?
Is it as if you say to your body while fasting: ‘"I have no time for you now. If you have or have not eaten it does not concern me. "Everything under the sky has its own time" and this is not your time. I am preoccupied with the spiritual work with God. Come join us if you want to have some substance in this fast. As for food, there is no room for it now. My food now is every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."’
His feelings are the same as those of Saint John, saying: “I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day” (Revelation 1:10).
There is no doubt that days of fasting belong to the Lord. Therefore, are you "in the spirit" during your fast? Have you utterly forgotten about your bodily needs, with all its desires and opted to live in the spirit during the fasting period? You are not indebted to your body except for the necessities without which it cannot survive. It is as if you were saying with the apostle Paul: “Whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows—“ (2 Cor 12:3).
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
A fasting heart is able to make the tongue fast with it
Fasting of the Tongue Thought and Heart
Fasting leads to virtues, which relate to the purpose of fasting
Fasting should be a period of penitence and purity of heart
Some of our Protestant brethren cling

الساعة الآن 06:17 PM