Ramez5 غير متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,612

Day 6 Worldy Christians vs. Godly Ones

I thought I'd share today's reading assignment from the facebook page for those who have not seen them before. You can get the day's reading assignment just by clicking on the Facebook tab at the top of the blog page if you are interested in reading along with me. Each morning I read from the ESV Gospel Transformation bible reading plan, praying that the Lord will show me what He wants me to learn most from the passage.

My posts are not an attempt to study the passage and share what I learn with you. I just share how the Lord applies a specific verse to my life at the moment. Day 6 Worldy Christians vs. Godly Ones There is certainly plenty to learn though! I am having a wonderful time digging into the Old Testament lessons and especially seeing how they represent New Testament truths to us in the cross references.

Today's reading is sobering indeed. Such a huge contrast is seen between Lot whom even the Lord called righteous and just, yet suffered such consequences for his love of this world's treasures, and Abraham who was willing to do without and to trust God to be his 'exceeding great reward' forsaking the attractions of the world.

Day. 6

Gen.19-21

~God Rescues Lot and destroys Sodom and Gomorrah.
~Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt.
~Lot's daughters sleep with him to save the family line. The descendants are the Moabites and the Ammonites--enemies of Israel.
~ Abraham moves and lets Abimelech take Sarah pretending she is his sister again. Sarah is freed by God's intervention.
~Hagar and Ishmael are forced to leave by Abraham, but God protects them and promises to make a strong nation of Ishmael.
~Abraham makes a treaty with Abimelech.

Cross References :
Luke 17:32 When the Last days come, remember Lot's wife.
Heb. 11:11-12 By faith, Sarah, though her body was as good as dead, gives birth to a child.
Gal. 4:28-31 Ishamael and Issac are picture of children of the flesh (law) and the children of promise (grace) and should not be heirs together or mixed.
Rom 9:7 Not all of Abraham's children are true Israel.

A cold spell here in Texas froze our water, so I had to go out and defrost the pipes early this morning. So I got a late start on my bible reading and prayer today, but I hope to be writing later today. I'd love to have you join me. Day 6 Worldy Christians vs. Godly Ones
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 12:37 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,265,051

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو