الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,611

The Truth Will Set You Free

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me.
He has chosen me to tell good news to the poor.
He sent me to tell prisoners that they are free
and to tell the blind that they can see again.
He sent me to free those
who have been treated badly. Luke 4:18

Today is amazing!! The Lord finally showed me what he was really doing in my heart through Psalm 101 this last two weeks. As you know, though these verses have, on the surface, applied to King David's commitment to God to be careful about how he runs his home and his country, there is a much more personal meaning for us.

Each day, the Lord has revealed some area of sin in my life. As I've waited on Him and diligently sought Him and his will.. and begged Him to 'show me my sin', He has done so. Again and again, he has revealed hidden sin in my heart. He's shown me things I couldn't see... blindspots, bad habits, things that as Paul said so 'easily entangle us' and keep us from 'running the race set before us.'

It has been painful beyond words. Oh so many tears I have wept over these areas in my life which seemed so small and insignificant at a first glance, but which proved to be major hindrances to a joyful and total surrender to Him.

But now I know why.. The Truth Will Set You Free Today's verse made it all clear.

Morning by morning I will destroy
all the wicked in the land,
cutting off all the evildoers
from the city of the Lord.
Psalm 101:8

Here's what I got from the Lord.. phrase by phrase.. as I meditated.

Morning by morning... that means.. every day.. every single day.. early.. before everyone else is awake.. or at least without fail.. no skipping, no coasting. This is a priority and it must be a habit.. one we cannot live without.

I will destroy.. silence.. cut off...put to death God's word says that the only solution for sin in our lives is to destroy it.. and anything that tempts us.. any part of our body that is causing us to sin. We are talking about all out war and determined, methodical effort on our part.. to gain the victory.

If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. Mark 9:43

all the wicked Those besetting sins, bad habits, even those who would tempt you.. people in your life, friends who want you to join them, bad messages, the lies our own sinful heart tells us..or the whispers of the enemy

of the Land Yes, this refers, on the surface, to those wicked people who might be in David's kingdom, but God likens our hearts, our souls to 'territory'. We all know that a battle rages in our hearts between the flesh and God's spirit.. and Satan does what he can to get a foothold.

For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. Psalm 40:12

We have a responsibility as to who or what we 'allow' through the gate. If we have opened the gate of our soul to immorality, pride, indulgence, greed, impurity, self-pity... we basically give Satan 'permission' to hold sway.. over a part of our heart.. mind, emotions, will.

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
Neither give place to the devil Eph 4:27 - Your adversary will strive to influence your mind, and irritate your spirit; watch and pray that he may not get any place in you, or ascendancy over you.

It is our responsibility.. to change that by God's grace--to ask the Lord to free us! And He will indeed set us free if we are willing to 'put on the whole armor of God' and resist the Devil. Satan WILL flee!
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil
and he will flee from you. James 4:7

cutting off - again.. the root meaning is to root up.. dig out.. destroy.. cut off completely so as to stop the effect - sin can get such a hold on us that it takes all our strength.. and determination to fight the good fight.. and mortify those sins that entangle us.
Evil doers - workers of iniquity
aven: trouble, sorrow, wickedness
Original Word: אָ֫וֶן
all the evildoers - Everything or anyone who troubles you, plagues you, brings you sorrow, tempts you to sin.. whether others, your own flesh, or the lies of the enemy

from the city of the Lord. - This was the part that really made me shout! The Truth Will Set You Free Our soul.. is God's. His Kingdom is within us according to scripture.

God wants our hearts and souls.. our homes.. to be HIS city.. filled with joy, light, and peace.. not overrun by the enemies of God.. the tormenters of this world.

How can we be free? Just do as I am doing. Morning by morning, take a verse that God has put on your heart.. meditate on it.. ask God to show you what he's trying to say to you. Ask him to show you your sin..and then pray and repent.. and ask for his help to be obedient in this area. He will rescue you! The Truth Will Set You Free

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

God's word will renew your mind.. and purify your heart. His word will show you the places where the enemy has a foothold. And he will cleanse you from all sin.

Dear Lord, I pray for all of us.. that we will willingly and humbly submit ourselves to the inspection of our hearts through your Holy Word and your Holy Spirit. May we take the time to seek your face and meditate on your word.. and cry out to you.. so we can be filled with joy.. and truly experience 'Heaven on earth' as you intended. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 26 - 02 - 2017, 12:30 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,264,932

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو

Mary Naeem متواجد حالياً

افتراضي رد: The Truth Will Set You Free

Thanks Ramez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 26 - 02 - 2017, 02:45 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 3 )
walaa farouk Female
..::| الإدارة العامة |::..

الصورة الرمزية walaa farouk

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 122664
تـاريخ التسجيـل : Jun 2015
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : مصر
المشاركـــــــات : 365,624

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو