الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,472

Why Bad Things Happen

18 I have heard Ephraim crying:
‘Lord, you punished me, and I learned my lesson.
I was like a calf that was never trained.
Please stop punishing me,
and I will come back to you.
You really are the Lord my God.
19 I wandered away from you.
But I finally realized how wrong I was.
So I changed my heart and life.
I am ashamed and embarrassed
about the foolish things I did when I was young.’”
20 The Lord says,
“You know that Ephraim is my dear son.
I love that child.
Yes, I often criticized Ephraim,
but I still think about him.
I love him very much,
and I really do want to comfort him.
Jeremiah 31:18-20 (ERV)

This passage is such a beautiful picture of God’s love for us.. and his desire and willingness to bring us back to him, when we have wandered in any degree. I’ve been reading “The Problem of Pain” by CS Lewis this week and have also been praying a lot for two dear friends who have wandered from their first love as I had done. Lewis says the whole point of pain in our lives is to get our attention.. and draw us back into a right relationship with the Lord--one where God is central.. and our activities are peripheral. (You can download the book here.)

If there is no pain in our lives, we never will see our great need for the Lord's help. We won't cry out to him or desire him unless this present world is less desirable in our eyes.

Pain is often times the only way God can get our attention.

Lewis so rightly describes how wayward our hearts are..in that we want to call the day ‘our own’ and only offer back a small part to God.. as if our day and our time was ‘ours’ and not the creators. When we go through the day.. making our own plans.. our own decisions..giving only a certain ‘mental ascent’ to God but unwilling to ‘leave our nets’ to seek him, CS Lewis calls it idolatry. Before I read his book, I had already been convinced this was the case.

Idolatry truly is putting anything including ourselves before God. We are just as guilty of idolatry as the children of Israel.. when we fail to acknowledge God, worship him, seek him, or realize that our best efforts to live the Christian life without seeking him daily and seeking him first is in some ways a waste.

When we do that, we spend whole days living life in our own strength.. and all our families get, all our friends get, our best efforts..but not God’s spirit..and we find ourselves giving them the best of ‘our flesh’ instead of the best of His Spirit.. Praying we will not take even one step of our day.. without first taking time to seek his face.

He loves us.. and never will stop trying to woo us to him. If that means pain in our lives, then that is what he will allow..for our good. What a loving gracious God he is. Why Bad Things Happen

Dear Lord, Please open our eyes to our great need to rely on you each day for your grace. Send pain if pain is what is needed. Pain is a good thing when it brings healing or the awareness of a need for healing. Convict us for seeing our day as 'ours' or our life.. 'our' priorities. Bring us back to you when you see us wandering away..or trying to run our own lives. Return us to our first love for you. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 12:56 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,255,867

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو

Mary Naeem متواجد حالياً

افتراضي رد: Why Bad Things Happen

Thanks Ramez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 03:30 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 3 )
walaa farouk Female
..::| الإدارة العامة |::..

الصورة الرمزية walaa farouk

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 122664
تـاريخ التسجيـل : Jun 2015
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : مصر
المشاركـــــــات : 363,248

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو

walaa farouk غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي رد: Why Bad Things Happen

Thanks Ramez
  رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?"
always believe something amazing is about to happen
God has a reason for allowing things to happen
Attachement to earthly things make us foreign to heavenly things
Always BELIEVE that something wonderful is about to happen.

الساعة الآن 04:34 PM