Ramez5 غير متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,611

Shut In With God

So I beg you, brothers and sisters, because of the great mercy God has shown us, offer your lives[ as a living sacrifice to him—an offering that is only for God and pleasing to him. Considering what he has done, it is only right that you should worship him in this way. Romans 12:1

I was reading along just fine and got out my bible study book to finish up the lesson for this month when the Lord suddenly gripped my heart with a challenge I did not want to answer...

"Where is God calling you to be a 'living sacrifice' now? What is God calling you to give up--an attitude, action, material possession, a focus on self that blinds you toward the needs of others? Commit to giving that sacrifice to God this week and beyond.." Gospel Growth

I knew what the Lord wanted me to give up..

And I have already given up so much it seems. There's hardly any source of entertainment that is not on the back burner now.. but this one thing was the thing that once held me in chains. I knew what the Lord was asking of me.. but I wanted to think maybe I was just over reacting. I literally fell on my face on the couch asking the Lord to show me if he really really wanted me to give up this one thing.

It's just playing a game on a computer server. Not much.. not much time or very often.. but I knew I sometimes chose to do that rather than something else that would be more valuable.

I remember a Pastor talking about 'gray' areas in life.
He said that the Lord sometimes tells us,
"others may.. but you may not...

I know it's not sin in and of itself.. but it is a worldly place. I had hoped it was for me to be a witness that I was still there the small amount of time that I was. But I am certain now that it is not where my ministry lies.

Here's today's devotional from Charles Spurgeon..

Genesis 7:16 "The Lord shut him in."
Noah was shut in away from all the world by the hand of divine love. The door of electing purpose interposes between us and the world which lieth in the wicked one. We are not of the world even as our Lord Jesus was not of the world.

Into the sin, the gaiety, the pursuits of the multitude we cannot enter; we cannot play in the streets of Vanity Fair with the children of darkness, for our heavenly Father has shut us in.

“Come thou into the ark,” was the Lord’s invitation... Thus all the chosen dwell in God and God in them.....Let us never be inattentive to that gracious call, “Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee, and hide thyself as it were for a little moment until the indignation be overpast.”

Noah was so shut in that no evil could reach him. Floods did but lift him heavenward, and winds did but waft him on his way. Outside of the ark all was ruin, but inside all was rest and peace. Without Christ we perish, but in Christ Jesus there is perfect safety.

My husband confirmed all of this at lunch. He was certain that the Lord was not telling me 'No, You can't have this one small indulgence' for no reason. He was convinced that the Lord had something 'better' planned.

What can be better than being close to Him and serving him in every way?It is the least I can do for one I love so much?

Then the Lord cemented his word to me in a passage just a few pages earlier...

“That henceforth we should not serve sin.” Romans 6:6

Christian, what hast thou to do with sin? Hath it not cost thee enough already? Burnt child, wilt thou play with the fire? What! when thou hast already been between the jaws of the lion, wilt thou step a second time into his den? Hast thou not had enough of the old serpent?

Did he not poison all thy veins once, and wilt thou play upon the hole of the asp, and put thy hand upon the cockatrice’s den a second time? Oh, be not so mad! so foolish! Did sin ever yield thee real pleasure? Didst thou find solid satisfaction in it? If so, go back to thine old drudgery, and wear the chain again, if it delight thee.

But inasmuch as sin did never give thee what it promised to bestow, but deluded thee with lies, be not a second time snared by the old fowler—be free, and let the remembrance of thy ancient bondage forbid thee to enter the net again! Morning and Evening May 30

So..I quit the game and the servers and will not be back. The Lord has so much for me to do and there is hardly enough time to do it all. I am joyful now.. though at first it was pretty painful. So many friends and fun projects I was involved with. But it truly was frivolous.. and it was indeed playing with fire. I am sure I knew that in my heart.

I feel peace now.. and I know the Lord will fill my evenings as He wishes...to His glory. After all, I am his servant just as you are. Shut In With God

Shut In With God

Is the Lord calling you to give up something
that is maybe not technically 'sin'
yet it is an area of weakness for you?

May I send the challenge to you too? So much lies ahead of good.. of safety.. of spiritual growth and fruitfulness. I see light over the hill! I am sure of that. Shut In With God

Dear Lord, If anyone is reading this is being convicted of holding back from you. If you are asking them to give up something for your sake.. because it's best for all involved.. then I pray you will give them the courage to do so. Help them say 'no' to themselves and YES to you and your purposes. Give them peace.. and joy and faith that you will help them all the way. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 26 - 02 - 2017, 02:38 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
walaa farouk Female
..::| الإدارة العامة |::..

الصورة الرمزية walaa farouk

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 122664
تـاريخ التسجيـل : Jun 2015
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : مصر
المشاركـــــــات : 365,624

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو

walaa farouk غير متواجد حالياً

افتراضي رد: Shut In With God

Thanks Ramez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 01:34 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 3 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,264,896

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو