Ramez5 غير متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,477

Praying on Others' Behalf

Then I lay prostrate before the Lord as before, forty days and forty nights. I neither ate bread nor drank water, because of all the sin that you had committed, in doing what was evil in the sight of the Lord to provoke him to anger. 19 For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure that the Lord bore against you, so that he was ready to destroy you. But the Lord listened to me that time also. Deut. 8:16-19

For some reason, this passage had escaped my notice until now. Moses was so desperate that the Lord would spare the people that he laid on the ground praying, not eating or drinking for 40 days and nights!

When you read through the whole story.. it all seems so quick. The people did this, got in trouble, got punished, Moses, prayed and God stopped and forgave them.

Two things stuck out to me here.. as close as he was to the Living God, he didn’t ‘assume’ God would answer his prayers with just a cursory request. He poured his whole soul and being into praying.. until God answered.

Two..how amazing was his heart that he would be that dedicated to pray on behalf of others! He went through this cyle of 40 days and nights of prayer on their behalf over and over—he never ceased to pray for them. My respect and awe for Moses as a man has just quadrupled!

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 2 Thess 1:11
I feel my prayers for others are just miniscule in comparison. Only twice have I prayed even remotely that hard.. for my children of course. I fasted and prayed.. and am still praying daily.

Praying the Lord will give me that heart and determination to cry out to him over the hearts of my family, relatives, neighbors and our church. In comparison here, I have not prayed much at all. It is sobering to think of.

Dear Lord,

Give me a heart to pray for your people. Help me not to be so lazy.. or care so little. Help me to love them and be willing to pray for those you have put under my care. Open my eyes so I can see the danger.. and help me be as diligent in prayer for others as I have been for myself. Give me your love for your people.. and a heart like Moses to lay on my face before you on behalf of others. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 01:28 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,256,792

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو

Mary Naeem متواجد حالياً

افتراضي رد: Praying on Others' Behalf

Thanks Ramez
  رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 03:22 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 3 )
walaa farouk Female
..::| الإدارة العامة |::..

الصورة الرمزية walaa farouk

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 122664
تـاريخ التسجيـل : Jun 2015
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : مصر
المشاركـــــــات : 363,535

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو