Ramez5 متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,479

The Tug of this World

The king rejoices in your strength, Lord.
How great is his joy in the victories you give!

You have granted him his heart’s desire
and have not withheld the request of his lips.
You came to greet him with rich blessings
and placed a crown of pure gold on his head.
He asked you for life, and you gave it to him—
length of days, for ever and ever.

Through the victories you gave, his glory is great;
you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty.

Surely you have granted him unending blessings
and made him glad with the joy of your presence.

For the king trusts in the Lord;
through the unfailing love of the Most High
he will not be shaken.

Your hand will lay hold on all your enemies;
your right hand will seize your foes.

Psalm 21 1-8

Have you ever felt like you were in a pit with no strength to climb out? I've been there many times..and was afraid I was headed back to that pit this week. But this time, I know there is a better way.

This psalm perfectly describes all that the Lord has let me experience in the last few months. He took me from utter failure and uselessness as a wandering child of His.. and brought me into a wonderful place of continual spiritual strength, answered prayers, joyful living, blessings beyond number, honor I didn't deserve.. as it was all his doing and not mine.

In the last few days though, I have struggled. My walk has suffered and temptations have been many and it unnerved me to say the least. The Lord has done so much and continues to do so, but I am not happy with what I see or how I am 'doing'.

My first thought, was to panic. I saw the storms.. saw my sinfulness.. my failures.. felt the siren call of the urgent and the attractive... the things of this world...and I began to fear that I would lose all that the Lord has done. If it were up to me, no doubt that is exactly what would happen.

It's not up to me. The Tug of this World

Through the victories you gave, his glory is great;
you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty.

Well, one thing is up to me but even that is by His Grace. Will I keep coming to the Lord each morning, bruised and battered, my sins against Him grieving my heart and lay it all before him or not?

Three days in a row, 'crisis' have popped up, delaying my time with the Lord. Three nights I've stayed up too late and so could not get time with the Lord before the rush of the day. Three days I've given in the the urgency of various responsibilities that couldn't seem to 'wait.' Three days I've made poor choices to indulge in this and that.. things I knew did not help me grow closer to the Lord.. but distracted me.

Yes I read my bible and verses though I didn't post here. I was still seeking Him daily but not with my full attention and devotion. I was distracted and it wasn't sinking in too well. I was getting caught up in the 'cares of this world'.

The tyranny of the urgent is like an ocean vortex.
It will pull you under in a heart beat.

Last night in bed, I woke up.. and couldn't sleep again. I decided that whatever time I woke up, I would not even turn on the computer till I'd had time with the Lord. I would not answer skype or the phone or look at emails. Tim and I read Psalm 21 from the esv reading plan and one verse stood out to him.

Your hand will lay hold on all your enemies;
your right hand will seize your foes. Psalm 21:8

We both agreed.. that trials reveal our true enemies..
the biggest being our own selves.

We both saw that as much as we hate trials.. how good they are to reveal areas of sin in our lives.. and how much selfishness is still at play! We need to see those things.. and then take them to the Lord and look to him for victory.

Here is the assurance we have.. and that you have...

For the king trusts in the Lord;
through the unfailing love of the Most High
he will not be shaken. Psalm 21:7

Yesterday's Psalm said that some trust in 'chariots' or their own strength.. but we trust in the Lord.

The victory comes from the Lord. It can never ever come from ourselves. To try to fix ourselves or protect ourselves is to look in the wrong direction for help.

We must cry out to Him... and if we trust in Him and keep our eyes on our relationship with him and His with us, then through the Lord's great love for us.. we will not be shaken.

This morning I am rejoicing.. that three days of failure and rat race and self indulgence.. was enough to make me cry out to the Lord. I don't want to live the normal Christian life.. I want to live as David did.. in love with the Lord..and Him loving me.. and the flesh subdued.. and being blessed and being a blessing to others for His name's sake.

Dear Lord,

Please help us to look ONLY to you.. and never to ourselves. Open our eyes to the true enemies of our soul who are also your enemies. Fight for us.. and hold us up as we turn to you for refuge. Thank you for your unfailing love and your many blessings.. so many and so undeserved. Looking to you.. Dear Lord. Amen
رد مع اقتباس

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
One God, world without end
The name of a child is a world boy
Can I be a little bit with the “world”
The world's law ... you have to see to believe
world of a saint or a Christian world!

الساعة الآن 05:50 AM