الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,256,569

There is a prophecy in the Book of Isaiah the Prophet

Pope Shenouda III

There is a prophecy in the Book of Isaiah the Prophet about an altar in the midst of the land of Egypt. The prophet says: “In
that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt. Then the Lord will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day, and will make sacrifice and offering” (Is. 19: 19,21).

Of course, the altar referred to here is the altar of the New Testament in the Christian Era, because the Jews could not offer sacrifices in a Gentile land, nor would the Egyptians have allowed them to do so. Thus the appeal directed to Pharaoh at the time of Moses and Aaron was: "Let My people go, that they may serve Me" (Ex.8: 20)

. Yet Pharaoh refused to let “the people go to sacrifice to the Lord” (Ex.8: 29). After the Plague of Flies, when Pharaoh gave his first promise, he said: “I will let you go, that you may sacrifice to the Lord your God in the wilderness” (v.28). It is understood from these verses that the Jews could not offer a sacrifice in Egypt.
So when did the Egyptians know the Lord? When did they begin to have an altar and offer sacrifices to the Lord? Undoubtedly, it was in the Christian Era. This is an explicit proof of the existence of altars in Christianity to offer sacrifices on.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
Out of His concern for charity, the Lord said in Isaiah's prophecy
God says in the Book of Isaiah
In the prophecy of Micah the Prophet we read the most explicit
(Matt. 1:23) : The angel was referring to Isaiah's prophecy
In the Book of the Prophet Malachi, there is a prophecy

الساعة الآن 08:10 AM