Ramez5 غير متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,611

Our World Needs More Prayer and Less Activity

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goes forth and weeps, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:5

Until this year, I did not understand the big 'why' or purpose for God's blessings on us when we seek Him with all our heart. The Lord has so impressed on me that he did not bless me, save me, or sanctify me solely so I could live a holy life pleasing to Him or experience the abundant life however wonderful those things are!

Oh yes.. the blessings are so many!! I cannot describe them. I've tried all year and if you have been reading you know I am still in awe that there really is a rest the Lord designed for us.. where we can enjoy being able to obey and live a joyfully obedient life.

Yes, abiding in Christ and Him abiding in us is the sweetest experience a person can ever know. But no--that's not what the Christian life is all about. That's the beginning.. and it's sort of the 'icing on the cake'.. but it's not 'the cake.'

The cake.. is doing God's will..and seeking the Kingdom of God and seeing souls entering that kingdom too--we are His witnesses. We can't do that by convincing, begging, or pleading either. God does that work.

But we can do one precious thing--we can pray! And when we pray with our whole heart, and our lives are right, and our consciences clear, when we are close to Jesus, we need not doubt that He will answer--especially when it comes to his lost sheep or his children.

On Psalm 126:5
The beginnings of mercies encourage us to pray for the completion of them. And while we are in this world there will be matter for prayer, even when we are most furnished with matter for praise. Suffering saints are often in tears; they share the calamities of human life, and commonly have a greater share than others. But they sow in tears; they do the duty of an afflicted state. Weeping must not hinder sowing; we must get good from times of affliction. And they that sow, in the tears of godly sorrow, to the Spirit, shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting; and that will be a joyful harvest indeed. Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be for ever comforted. When we mourn for our sins, or suffer for Christ's sake, we are sowing in tears, to reap in joy. And remember that God is not mocked; for whatever a man soweth that shall he reap, Ga 6:7-9. Here, O disciple of Jesus, behold an emblem of thy present labour and future reward; the day is coming when thou shalt reap in joy, plentiful shall be thy harvest, and great shall be thy joy in the Lord. ~Matthew Henry

I never knew that that was the main 'work' the Lord would have us be about!Who takes time to pray? And do we do it fervently? With our whole heart?

Tears are the rain that brings prayers to ripen in our hearts.
And the fields are ready and ripe to harvest indeed.
But the laborers are few.

Oswald Chambers reminded me only this morning that the real work we have to do is prayer.

This morning I was up praying early (they had a time slot on the prayer chain that needed filling).. and oh am I so sleepy now.. but many many family and friends of Angela are praying round the clock while she undergoes brain surgery. I am just a tiny part of that small army. Thank you too for praying! She needs our prayers and I am filled with joy that we are all doing that.

My friend Georgie is struggling with severe depression.. so I pray.. and pray hard.

If you know you have a half hour to pray and wonder what to pray.. and find yourself at a loss.. try asking God what you should pray for. It amazes me the things he brings to mind! How He wants us to pray. Our World Needs More Prayer and Less Activity

I am finally learning that I must make time for prayer--heart felt- gut wrenching, soul longing prayer.

If I don't feel like that--then I stop praying and ask the Lord to give me a burden for that person. Before I know it, I'm in tears praying as if my heart would break. God's heart IS breaking.. but sadly mine doesn't naturally get broken for the same things His does. Not to say you must be in tears, but truly our whole heart needs to be involved!

How I love that line in the song, Jesus Friend of Sinners.. "Break my heart for what breaks yours'."

Oswald says the Lord needs more laborers willing to pray. Whatever crisis come up in your little circle, whatever needs you see... these are your assigned prayer work for the day.

Going through a conflict, crisis, problem... or close to someone who is? It's time to pray.

Remember ...
James 5:16
Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
All that blessing needs to go somewhere. Our World Needs More Prayer and Less Activity If you aren't in a crisis..perhaps it's so you can pray for someone who is going through one. Fervent prayer is the most important thing you can do for those in need.

Dear Lord,
Help us to give back a little of all the many blessings you have given us by caring about the things you care about. Teach us how to pray, and burden us with the things that burden you. May we see many answers so we can all rejoice and glorify you in them and for them. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 12:39 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,264,872

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو