الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,256,893

Blessed is He, our good Lord, who granted us to pray

Pope Shenouda III

Blessed is He, our good Lord, who granted us to pray. It is humility from Him to allow us to talk to Him.
And it is humility from Him to listen to us... Who are we, but dust and ashes, to get close to God and stand before Him and talk to Him...? We add ourselves to the ranks of angels, standing before His throne, praising and blessing His name, and become blessed for being in His presence. Truly, it is humility of the Creator to allow us, His creation, with such intimacy, to talk to Him and for Him to hear us.
Therefore, it is a great shame and a most serious sin to say: I have no time for prayer...!!
How dare the slave say he has no time to talk to his master?! It is so amazing that the created has no time to talk to his Creator!! You find time for many trivial matters... and you find time for conversation of no value. Why then do you consider lack of time as an excuse not to talk with God?!
David the Prophet was a king, a leader, and a judge for the people, with a big family, and in spite of all this he says to the Lord, “Seven times a day I praise You, because of Your righteous judgment” (Ps 119:164), “Evening and morning and at noon” (Ps 55:17) and “At midnight I will rise to give thanks(Ps 119:62).
The problem then is not in time but in the interest. If you have the interest to pray, you will no doubt find the time.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
Blessed be the Lord day by day
Blessed Charles the Good - Martyr
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD
When we pray, is it good to keep praying until we feel joy?
Blessed be the Lord

الساعة الآن 08:27 PM