الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,257,321

The Greatest Feeling

قداسة البابا تواضروس الثاني

Editorial Article by H.H. Pope Tawadros II in Kiraza Magazine: The Greatest Feeling

Humans have been living in this large world, which is called the “macrocosmos,” for centuries in groups, peoples, and nations generation after generation, while one human being was called the “microcosmos,” that is “the small world.” Each of us is the expert of his or her inner or outer being, personality, character, diverse and multiple feelings, behaviors, actions, words, terminology, expressions, point of view, etc.—all these define the features of the person’s “small world” in this “big world.” Throughout the journey of life, many feelings are formed in a person, such as love, hate, resentment, revenge, malice, criticism, kindness, complaining, ambition, stubbornness, greed, selfishness, and many more.

We stand wondering “What is the greatest feeling…” that a person can have to live happily, exercising his humanity that God created when He placed him in this vast universe. Moreover my friend, if you search your life, you will not find anything better than “the feeling of contentment” as it is the greatest feeling with which a person lives according to the purpose of God, the Pantocrator, the Governor of humanity and the creation, i.e. the earth, sea, and even heaven… the Controller of the seen and unseen.

St. Paul the Apostle said while he was in prison: “…for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content” (Philippians 4:10-13 NKJV). This is an image of contentment as a faith-based and positive feeling that flows through a calm heart and soul. Because a complaining soul is always loud and rebellious and does not like anything or anyone. Feeling satisfied means a constant sense of acceptance of “my life” that God offers to me every day, as David the Prophet says: “I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved” (Psalm 16:8).

The feeling of contentment is the behavior of a Christian believer in daily life, not out of passivity, complacency, lack of jobs or laziness, but rather out of inner acceptance that God who created me is the Governor of all aspects of my life. This can be seen in the Virgin Mary’s response when she received the amazing heavenly good news, saying, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38); she replied without objection, rejection, complaining, repulsion, or lack of acceptance. A content lifestyle requires the person to have a pure eye, and this begins with nourishing children and instilling these concepts in their thoughts.

Likewise, feeling satisfaction is a sign of success in the stages of a person’s life because this feeling raises them from one stage to the other with diligence. Complaining hinders a person’s steps and even hurts them with disorientation, confusion, wasting available opportunities, and paralyzing mental abilities.

It is important to recognize that the story of man’s fall began with dissatisfaction, and in general the life of sin begins with dissatisfaction. Consider with me, friend, the parable of the prodigal son, and how he left his home and descended into living with pigs and and the depths of sin. Solomon the Wise expresses himself in proverbs, saying: “A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb, but to a hungry (complaining) soul every bitter thing is sweet” (Proverbs 27:7). One philosopher said that every human being is a well of desires, but the feeling of satisfaction closes this well.

There is a nice story about the Christmas tree: One day, it complained about its shape and went to Jesus Christ, and said to Him: “How can Your Christmas tree have such small leaves?” Jesus asked her about her desire, and she said, “I want my leaf to be made of gold!” So He gave it what it wanted, but in the evening thieves came and stole all its leaves. Again, it came complaining to Christ and asked Him to make the leaves out of glass. Jesus also granted the request, but at night a severe storm happened causing these glass leaves to break. For a third time, it came to Jesus Christ and said to Him, “I want my green leaves to be large and wide,” and the Lord answered this time as well. Then a flock of sheep passed by the tree and ate the leaves! In the end, the tree returned to the Lord and said to Him, “I want to return to the way You made me!” There will be no thieves to steal from me, no storm to break my leaves, and no sheep to eat me, and I will remain a beautiful green tree and satisfied with everything You created me to be.

The life of a content person revolves around four main characteristics that shape their life’s journey on earth:

First: Satisfaction with major choice and decisio n because a choice is a freedom and responsibility. This applies to education, career, and considering one’s future, whether to take the path of marriage or the path of consecration in all its aspects, for “no one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God” (Luke 9:62). The enemy of good always brings doubt to the path you take. Perhaps the story of “Ruth the Moabite” provides us with an example of a soul that is completely content in all experiences of life, and therefore deserved to be mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:5).

Second: Satisfaction with service and practical responsibility because sometimes a person compares themselves to another, and that’s how complaints arise. Know that God gives each person talents according to his or her ability (Matthew 25:15-28).

Third: Satisfaction with others whether a life partner, service partner, or work or study colleague. The lack of harmony with partners is often caused by a lack of love and an openness of heart to accept the other. Consider that the other person is a message from God to you, to learn from and love more.

Fourth: Satisfaction with circumstances because they are constantly changing and the situation does not remain the same. The four seasons of the year change in order to satisfy all tastes. So beware of complaining and rebelling; know that He is the “Beneficent” (i.e. Doer of Good) all the time; thank Him at all times; put your trust in Him; and know that God does not give us when we are lazy, but rather gives us when we are unable.

رد مع اقتباس

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
Our feeling that God is with us
Feeling
Τhe feeling of God’s presence
Feeling and emotion
that feeling

الساعة الآن 10:52 PM