الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,257,321

Peter began his life with the Lord Christ with love

By H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Peter began his life with the Lord Christ with love, confidence, and faith. But on the contrary:
Paul began by enmity, as a persecutor of the Church and of everyone who followed Christ, so that the Lord, when He met him on the road to Damascus, began his conversation with him by reprimanding him saying: "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" (Acts 9:4) Saint Peter was a simple man, a fisherman (Matt. 4:18). He was ignorant and was not instructed into culture or science. He is one of whom "God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise" (1 Cor. 27). It was said of him, of him and saint John, "that they were uneducated and untrained men." (Acts 4:13) But saint Paul was one of the learned of his age, who was educated at the University of Tarsus, and brought up at the feet of Gamaliel. (Acts 22:3) He was well-known for his culture and for reading many books. (Acts 26:24)

That shows us that the Lord equally employs everybody for His kingdom, the learned and the simple. The important thing for them is to be useful utensils for the work of His grace

رد مع اقتباس

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

الانتقال السريع

قد تكون مهتم بالمواضيع التالية ايضاً
الموضوع
Christ the Lord also gives eternal life to whoever
The Lord Jesus Christ gave life when He raised the dead
The Lord Jesus Christ gives life here on earth
My Lord Jesus Christ I love you
love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

الساعة الآن 08:32 PM