Ramez5 متواجد حالياً  
الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 1
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر : 50
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Cairo - Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 42,612

Has God Asked You to Wait

Anyone who runs on ahead [of God] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ [who is not content with what He taught] does not have God; but he who continues to live in the doctrine (teaching) of Christ [does have God], he has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9-11

Do you ever find yourself getting 'ahead of God'? If anyone was in danger of that, it would be me. I get all excited about a truth, an idea, a 'good thing' and just go, without asking or praying about it. "Lord, is this your will?" is not a question I naturally ask, though I am learning to.

I looked this verse up and 'running ahead of God' is another way to express the meaning of 'transgression' or going beyond what God commands, or adding anything to what God commands, or deciding for yourself how to 'handle' things, rather than trusting God and waiting to see what He wants.

Sometimes, God just wants us to wait.

Saul never learned that. He was always getting ahead of God. Sarah wasn't willing to wait either.
But the real question is..Am I?

Once more a remnant of the kingdom of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above. Isaiah 37:31

Today, I really felt the Lord just wanted my whole attention.. to listen and learn..not to do or teach. I've been in a hotel, alone except at dinner time, since Friday morning and now, due to weather constraints, I will be spending another evening.. alone.. with God.

It was a little disconcerting this morning to read my bible and find verses for the day--yet no bright idea came. No inspiration came. No sense of feeling or of the Lord's presence or leading appeared.

My first thought was did I displease the Lord somehow? Opportunities have abounded this weekend.. but no, I don't think that's it. It's just time to walk by faith again.

Wait...take root...abide...be a child...listen.. read... learn... believe.. trust.

Roots have to grow deep, if we ever hope to see fruit in our lives.

Sometimes planes get delayed. Sometimes they get canceled. Sometimes you get stuck.. alone.. longer than you expected to be.

But we are never really alone. Sunday is a wonderful day to be alone with God. And an empty hotel room can be the perfect place for the Lord to get our attention.. with no distractions.

Oh yes I could easily distract myself. There's the internet, phones, facebook, movies, games, magazines.. all sorts of things--but no people or house to attend to.

Still, Sundays, for me at least, belong to Him. Some Sundays seem to be a whirl of interruptions.. but if God gives you quiet time..by all means don't waste it. Has God Asked You to Wait

Today I feel certain He was reminding me of how empty and unfruitful and nothing, I really am.. apart from Him. I am just a child, and it was not so long ago, that I was a very sinful, indulgent one. I have a lot to learn.

If we are always running... our roots will never go deep--and we will never be fruitful.

Delays are usually God's appointments. So I am settled in with the Lord for the evening. I thought I was going to be on a plane but I won't be until tomorrow morning.. I think. lol

By faith, this was His plan all along.

I pray you are seeking Him too and learning to be still before Him.. and to love Him and hear His voice through the word, prayer, and circumstances. He is always there whether it feels like it or not.

Dear Lord, Help us be patient and still and willing to be alone.. to even be willing not to have a sense of Your Presence if you so choose, so that we can wait in faith.. believing that you are there and want time with us. Help us submit to your best for us and your plans for our day. Amen
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 27 - 02 - 2017, 12:39 PM   رقم المشاركة : ( 2 )
Mary Naeem Female
† Admin Woman †

الصورة الرمزية Mary Naeem

الملف الشخصي
رقــم العضويـــة : 9
تـاريخ التسجيـل : May 2012
العــــــــمـــــــــر :
الـــــدولـــــــــــة : Egypt
المشاركـــــــات : 1,265,051

الأوسمة و جوائز
 بينات الاتصال بالعضو
 اخر مواضيع العضو